Yes, you did read that right. You can have your burger, and eat it too! The ultimate treat meal, the healthy way.
How could a delicious, saucy, juicy burger possibly be good for you? Well, it all starts with swapping your meat patty for Amazonia Tender Jack. Made from tender young jackfruit, it’s vegan, certified organic and free from gluten, dairy and soy.
It’s naturally low in calories, fat and sodium, and has zero cholesterol. Instead, it’s high in fibre to keep you fuller for longer, proving that you don’t need a meat-based protein source to satiate you.
Still need more reasons to take the night off meat? Unlike some other plant-based meat alternatives on the market, our hand-harvested jackfruit is a whole food made with minimal processing. Its subtle taste means it’s the perfect plant-based alternative to add to your favourite savoury dishes with a variety of herbs, spices, sauces and veggies.
To make the ultimate Vegan Jackfruit Burger, we’ve chosen our mouthwatering Smokey BBQ Tender Jack – which will fool any carnivore into thinking they’re eating pulled pork. Simply sizzle and serve!
We’ve filled our burgers with the classics: fresh cos lettuce, tomato, avo, cucumber, mayo and sriracha for a little kick – but you can be as creative as you like. Pair it with a side of crispy sweet potato wedges and you’ve got the perfect mid-week meatless feast. Bon appétit!
Vegan Jackfruit Burger with Wedges
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pack Tender Jack Smokey BBQ
- 4 wholemeal buns, or bread of choice
- ½ cos lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- Vegan mayonnaise
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes, cut into chunky wedges and season with salt, pepper and herbs if desired
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until cooked through
- Empty Tender Jack pouch into a pan and cook for 5-10 minutes or until contents are heated through, then set aside
- Heat or toast buns then fill with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, Tender Jack, avocado and sauce of choice, served with sweet potato fries.