January 13, 2021 by Holly Johnson
The Power of a Positive Mindset
The power of positive thinking has been shown to have many physical and mental benefits. A positive mindset can give you more confidence, improve your mood and increase productivity. It could also help reduce the likelihood of developing conditions such as hypertension and some stress-related disorders.
Here are 7 easy tips for adopting a positive mindset:
- Start each day with a positive affirmation.
- Keep a daily gratitude journal and write down three things you're thankful for each day.
- Try to find a bit of humour in bad situations.
- Turn failures into lessons, so you don’t make the same mistakes again.
- Transform negative self-talk into positive self-talk.
- Focus on the present rather than stressing about the past or future.
- Surround yourself with friends, mentors and co-workers who lift you up.
Not sure where to get started? Try one of these 7 positive affirmations to start your day:
Today is a great day.
I will be present in every moment.
I have the power to create change.
I focus my mind.
I nourish my body.
I feed my soul.
I can. I will. End of story.