We all need to do out bit to minimise our environmental footprint. Here 15 easy ways you can help make the world a little greener – because when you do good, you feel good:
- Ditch the cling wrap and try beeswax wrap instead.
- BYO coffee cup (Forgot your cup? Order coffee and ask for no lid).
- Invest in a reusable water bottle and some glass lunch containers.
- Recycle your peanut butter and tahini glass jars by refilling them with bulk foods e.g. flour, nuts, granola, rice, and quinoa.
- Grow your own produce. If you’re in an apartment, invest in a windowsill garden!
- Toothbrush need replacing? Try a bamboo toothbrush – they’re sustainable, comfortable, affordable and compostable!
- Pickle any surplus veggies and replant leftover carrot tops to swerve food waste.
OUT & ABOUT:
- Avoid single-use plastics where possible (straws, lids, takeaway containers and cups).
- Support businesses that are values-driven and take care of people and the planet in every decision they make.
- Schedule a weekly or fortnightly shop at your local farmers market, and BYO bags!
- Avoid fast fashion and go thrift shopping or swap clothes with friends.
- Start conversations with friends and family about sustainability.
- Look for clothes made from sustainable fabrics such as hemp, linen, bamboo and recycled cotton.
- Educate yourself with a new book: Rise & Resist: How to Change the World by Clare Press.
- Green-up your superannuation! Find out if your current fund is investing your money in companies and industries that are making a positive impact on the environment and in the community.