Recipe: Raw Zucchini Linguini with Creamy Dill Sauce
With the warm weather greeting us, our bodies naturally crave more raw foods. Spring and summer are the perfect seasons to increase your intake of light, cleansing, plant-based meals. This dish looks and tastes exactly like traditional pasta, but without the wheat, gluten and dairy. The flavour of the zucchini is neutral, like traditional pasta yet so much quicker and easier to prepare, so you can have a nutritious and crowd-pleasing dish on the table in moments. Your digestive system will be thanking you too!
Raw Zucchini Linguini with Creamy Dill Sauce on Braised Spinach
8 zucchini (approx. 2 per person)
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
1½ cups cashews, soaked 2 hours
½ cup water
2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tsp light miso
3 tbsp dill, freshly minced
Celtic sea salt, to taste
Dash black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
4 cups baby spinach
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cracked black pepper
Celtic salt, to taste
1. Toss the spinach with the olive oil black pepper and Celtic salt and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Transform the zucchini into noodles using a mandoline, V slicer or a spirooli machine. If this isn’t available you can use a peeler for fettucini style noodles. Toss the Celtic salt through the noodles and place them in a colander to allow them to become 'al dente'. This takes approx 10 minutes
3. Place all the ingredients for the cashew dill sauce in a blender except for the dill and blend until smooth and creamy, adding additional water if necessary.
4. Add the minced dill and pulse briefly.
5. Toss the noodles with the enough sauce to coat well and serve immediately on braised spinach.
For more information and to buy this fantastic product Click Here!