Shine Brighter with Us
Shine Brighter with Us
Raw Carrot Cake Paleo Protein Slice
Think delicious and flavorful carrot cake infused with cinnamon and vanilla spice. Then add to that creamy cashew-based icing and you´ll get a wonderfully addictive raw slice jam-packed with extra protein and lots of healthy fats! Sounds yum? Then this recipe is for you.
A little word of warning before you start "baking". This raw slice won´t last very long in your fridge! It is a super dense and delicious slice and will soon become your favourite raw treat. Good news is, I didn´t use any extra sweeteners. No agave, honey, coconut syrup or stevia are hiding inside this slice. A huge bonus point if you ask me. To sum it up, letßs just say it ticks all the boxes.
- Paleo ?
- Vegan ?
- gluten free ?
- dairy free ?
- no sweeteners ?
Carrot cake is definitely one of my favourite cakes because of its density and richness - plus I really like adding vegetables to desserts. Sweet potaoe brownies and pumpkin chocolate muffins are also super delicious combinations. Feel free to add different spices to this recipe to give it a different twist.
(makes about 8 slices)
- 2 large carrots, peeled & grated
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted & soaked for 1/2 hour in filtered water*
- 1 cup nuts & seed mix (I used a mix of sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds, raisins and walnuts)
- 1,5 cups dessicated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Amazonia Raw Fermented Paleo Protein 'Vanilla & Lucuma'
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight in filtered water
- 6 Tbsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 3 medjool dates, pitted & soaked for 1/2 hour in filtered water*
*Please bear in mind that medjool dates are quite large and soft. If you use smaller and drier dates you might want to soak them a wee bit longer.
- For the base, combine all ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix and process until a sticky "cookie-dough" ball forms.
- Line a medium-sized loaf pan (25.5 x 13.2 x 6.5cm) with non-toxic baking paper.
- Press the base firmly into the loaf pan and set aside.
- For the cashew icing combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and process unti smooth and silky.
- Pour the cashew icing on top of the base and spread evenly.
- Freeze over night or at least 4 hours.
- Once defrosted and sliced into pieces, store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Zoe is a CrossFitter and real food blogger from Brisbane. Her label Wildblend aims to inspire people to live an active, happy and healthy lifestyle, and to eat wild unpackaged natural foods to nourish their bodies and their souls. Her recipes are focused on fresh seasonal ingredients, and celebrating unprocessed, healthy whole foods. Website: www.wildblend.co Instagram: @wildblend / Facebook: Wild Blend